Friday, 21 September 2007

Badscience

Here's the site that got me interested in (combating) bad science, especially the forum.

It's a fairly lively debate on people using dubious science for political or commercial gain, or in the media to create/back up stories.

Ben Goldacre's style is fairly laid back, usually with a humorous sideways take on his subjects.

Originally, I used to get really wound up reading really bad articles in the newspapers or coming across products for sale using appallingly mangled/made up science to try and sell them. Pretty much along the snake-oil seller tradition of old, it seems things haven't changed much. Then I discovered there are a lot of people who are fairly similarly-minded...

1 comment:

Fireman said...

have some blogs and would like to propose you a partnership to link,
I have done a wide dissemination with my blogs so increasing my visits
my partners will also be receiving more hits on their blogs as well,
and is a great way of being disseminating our work, which I would do all
of my partnership with her, but if not please tell me what you want with
what we will do likewise, a big hug, congratulations on your blog and I'm waiting
to accept the partnership

Science
Recipes
Car News
Jokes
News Tecnology
Curiosity
Net Technology
Academics
Estate
Games

please help me with this partnership